As a music fan, if you’re lucky, you’ll get to experience a night like this. I say that unreservedly and unabashedly, 30 songs into my Tragically Hip concert career.
Welcome to the pantheon, Toronto #2.
- Locked in the Trunk of a Car (!)
- At the Hundredth Meridian
- In a World Possessed By the Human Mind
- In Sarnia
- What Blue
- The Dire Wolf (!!!)
- Use It Up (I hadn’t heard this live since 2002!)
- It’s A Good Life If You Don’t Weaken
- Throwing Off Glass
- Grace, Too
- Greasy Jungle (whither La Gusenza?)
- Nautical Disaster
- Membership (white whale alert!)
- Something On
- New Orleans is Sinking (this, incredibly, was my first time hearing “New Orleans is Sinking” in five shows; Sam, meanwhile, has never heard arguably the band’s biggest hit, but she has heard “Tired as Fuck”)
- Boots or Hearts
- Blow at High Dough (everyone on their feet)
- Gift Shop
- Ahead by a Century (again, everyone on their feet screaming every single word)
One more night in Toronto to come. Then it’s Kingston.