Here’s the setlist from Tuesday’s hour-and-a-half-long bliss-out at the Amphitheatre. But first, two quick notes:
- I had no intention of seeing the End Times Tour (which also featured Marilyn Manson) until this article appeared in USA Today, at which point it ceased being a matter of “would I go?” and became a matter of “how much will I spend?”
- I’ve stopped checking setlists…for the most part. But I checked this one. I really wish I hadn’t.
- Cherub Rock
- Bullet with Butterfly Wings
- Tonight, Tonight
- Ava Adore (alas, it was the album version, not the drop-C metal version from 2000; that version might’ve been the best thing about the Pumpkins’ “last” tour)
- Drum + Fife
- One and All
- The Everlasting Gaze (tuned up, oddly enough)
- The Crying Tree of Mercury
- Mayonaise (blissful)
- Disarm (Billy Corgan solo)
- Landslide [Stevie Nicks] (Billy Corgan and Jeff Schroeder only)
- 1979 (nope, never heard it live before this show!)
- Thru the Eyes of Ruby
- Stand Inside Your Love
- United States
- The Star-Spangled Banner
- Geek U.S.A.
The one particular song was “Thru the Eyes of Ruby,” which I long described as my favourite song of all-time and still resides comfortably among my all-time top five. I never dreamed I’d get to hear it live, let alone with my favourite drummer behind the kit. Both these things happened Tuesday.