This is the first time I’ve been in front of a computer screen for two weeks. It’s been glorious. I’ve got a bunch of blogging to do, and since I’ll be catatonic for much of the weekend (the result of jetlag, not Stampeding) it’ll be a great time to get some of it done–starting with a couple concert setlists.
I saw the Who twice while I was in the United Kingdom. The first was in Belfast, a city I’d been actively avoiding wanting to visit since our old friend Irish Tim was repatriated. Just the setlist for the time being. As usual, bold denotes songs I’d never heard before.
- I Can’t Explain
- The Seeker (full version, not the truncated 2006 version that omitted the middle third)
- Who Are You
- The Kids Are Alright (not my favourite Who song by any stretch, but I loved this version)
- I Can See for Miles (I’ve had this song in my head the last two weeks)
- My Generation
- Behind Blue Eyes
- Join Together (I’m not sure how well it worked…but I’ve now heard “Join Together” live twice and I do not care)
- You Better You Bet
- I’m One (:))
- Love, Reign O’er Me (Roger killed this. For years, every Who tour’s been preceded by questions of “can Roger’s voice hold up?” He answered those unequivocally in Belfast: I’ve never heard him sing this well.)
- Eminence Front
- A Quick One (While He’s Away) (see notes for “Join Together”)
- Amazing Journey
- Captain Walker (tease)
- Pinball Wizard
- See Me, Feel Me
- Baba O’Riley
- Won’t Get Fooled Again (there was no encore–but how do you top those last two songs?)
I did most of this again five nights later.