Here, in no particular order, are a bunch of unrelated points:
- Secured: two Neil Young Lethbridge tickets! I got G.A. floors; now I’ve got to mentally ready myself for a Neil Young pit.
- Inter Milan 0 – 0 Manchester United sounded an awful lot like Barcelona 0 – 0 Manchester United from last April, albeit with United demonstrating much greater ambition. They didn’t get “the all-important away goal,” but a win at Old Trafford fifteen days hence would book their passage into the quarter-finals.
- U2’s new album, No Line on the Horizon, drops in one week. Here’s a great article about Bono’s political ambitions, and how they pale in comparison to someone else’s.
- And speaking of that someone else, here’s an interview He he did with The Guardian on the eve of his latest record release.
- Finally, it’s freezing in Calgary. Unless you live here you cannot possibly understand this city’s weather; it’s hard enough for those of us who do live here.
That’s it. I’m off to shower and to pull on some warmer clothes before settling in for a night of…work. I seldom–if ever–take my job home with me; alas, tonight’ll have to be an exception.