Getting strep throat has its advantages…I think. For one, I’m able to play hours of guilt-free Football Manager 2005 because, well, I can’t do anything physically exerting. For another, I can sleep til 10:30am without consequence. And for another, I can get better–because forfeiting $100+ for missing two shifts yesterday just wasn’t cool with me, and I don’t intend on doing it again.
Anyway. I was actually off this computer for much of January, so this month’s top ten songs list is woefully inadequate. Basically, I listened to a lot of live Pearl Jam in January; however, for variety’s sake, I haven’t included all of it. I’m not congent enough to write a better intro than this, I’m afraid…so until the drugs kick in and go to my brain, here’s this month’s list:
- Pearl Jam, “Present Tense” (live in Thunder Bay)
- Pearl Jam, “Hard to Imagine” (live in London, ON)
- Alice in Chains, “Rain When I Die”
- The Clash, “Straight to Hell”
- Jefferson Airplane, “White Rabbit”
- Queen, “Under Pressure”
- The Rolling Stones, “Out of Control”
- The Smashing Pumpkins, “Cherub Rock”
- Tool, “Lateralus”
- U2, “The Hands That Built America”
I’m off to lounge on the couch and, well, get better. Keep it vrai.